This is a set of random notes taken while looking at various AJAX toolkits for use with Ruby/Rails.
- Dojo looks rather nice with high-level widgets. Apparently it’s pretty large. Got layouts, tables, rich edit fields, etc. How to integrate with Ruby?
- Script.aculo.us doesn’t seem to do much, if anything, that the stuff built into Rails (Prototype) doesn’t already do.
- DHTMLgoodies has lots of stuff including a nice unobtrusive sortable table. It appears to be more of a collection of scripts than a toolkit per se.
- Another sortable table at Pascarello.com
- Adobe spry might be interesting, seems too early to really tell.
- Yahoo has a UI widget set with a number fo interesting things.
- Google has a web toolkit which is a “Java software development framework that makes writing AJAX applications like Google Maps and Gmail easy for developers who don’t speak browser quirks as a second language”.
- Another sorted table can be found here.